This year World Tourism Day is particularly special, as it falls within the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development. In the spirit of raising awareness on sustainable tourism, here are some recent and forthcoming events and resources that could be of interest.
- Webinar on “What is overtourism in protected areas and what can we do about it?” – 3 November 2017. With renowned presenters Steve McCool and Jon Kohl, as a collaboration between the IUCN WCPA TAPAS Group, Ecotourism Genuino and the 10YFP Sustainable Tourism Programme.
- Sustainable Tourism in Small Island Developing States conference – 22-24 November 2017, Seychelles. To be conducted in a partnership of the IUCN WCPA TAPAS Group, the Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Foundation (SSTF), and the University of Seychelles (Department of Tourism and Cultural Heritage), the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, and the Paris Tourism Sorbonne Institute of Research and Higher Education in Tourism (IREST). There will be streams on “Sustainable tourism in Protected Areas”, and “Tourism’s social responsibility and cultural protection in SIDS”
- 2017 Annual Conference and International Symposium of the 10YFP Sustainable Tourism Programme – 7-9 December 2017, Kasane and the Okavango Delta Ramsar Site, Botswana.
- Guidance on tourism concession and partnership guidelines – developed by members of the IUCN WCPA Tourism and Protected Areas Specialist Group (TAPAS Group) for the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
- 10 YFP Sustainable Tourism Annual report – including articles on the new CBD tourism concession and partnership guidelines and also The Responsible Tourist.
For more information on these publications and items, please contact Dr Anna Spenceley on email@example.com